The season everyone dreads – spring cleaning. But what if you truly embodied “April showers brings May flowers” by turning spring cleaning into extra cash in your pocket? Facing the inevitable clutter of the past years collections can be a challenge. Let’s turn clutter into cash by selling or pawning your spring bounty.
Gems vs Junk
Pawn shops buy much more than old jewelry and used power tools (although we take those, too!). When you start the declutter process, keep an eye out for valuable items that may have taken on the label of “dust collector” in your home.
Items that you can get instant cash for:
- Musical Instruments. An old highschool band instrument can hold its value if it’s in good condition and are excellent items to pawn or sell. Music never goes out of style.
- Vintage Video Games. It can pay to sell used electronics that are in good condition. For example, unsealed early Super Nintendo games have a solid resale value but bring almost 10 times more if sealed in the original box.
- Modern Electronics. Apple or Google products in working condition can hold value. You would be surprised at how many people look for older versions of iPads, iPhones, working smartphones and used-but-quality laptops.
- Sports Memorabilia. Make sure to look through that old box of baseball cards before you toss it in the Junk pile. An autographed piece of sports equipment can drastically increase the value of the item.
- Antique Dishware / Fine China. If you use it less than once a year, why not say goodbye and hello to summer pocket money? It might be worth making some extra room in your kitchen cabinets.
- Jewelry, Gold and Silver. Gold and silver prices may vary, but even if a piece of jewelry seems out of style, it’s worth bringing in to be evaluated. The weight of those heavier chains and pendants can add up in cash. Pre-owned Rolex watches and handmade Native American jewelry are always in high demand.
- Antique Toys. Old toys in good condition often catch the eye of collectors looking for a good deal in Pawn Shops. This is especially true for mechanical or windup toys, and MIB’s (Mint Condition in the Box).
Unfortunately, some items that you want rid of may not hold much monetary value. A few things that you should consider donating or tossing in the junk pile:
- Very used shoes or clothes. Even name-brand items lose their value after a lifetime of wear and tear.
- Collectible toys. It’s important to note that antique toys and collectible toys can vary. For example, consider donating Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids, Hot Wheels, marbles, Precious Moments figurines, and pre-owned toy cars or trucks.
- Old Electronics. While newer DVD players or video game consoles may be worth selling, VCRs and very old desktop computers are good items to place in the donate pile.
Decluttering your home is a chore not many people look forward to. But during this year’s spring cleaning session, remember the Alamo in Panama City, Florida just might make it worth your while. Selling or pawning your valuable items with us is safe, easy and faster than doing it yourself! We are always looking for new stock and are knowledgeable in a wide variety of items. All of us at Alamo Pawn Shop look forward to helping you turn your clutter into cash!
We provide quick confidential loans on just about anything of value. *Remember, when you sell your item to us you can not pick it up later like a pawn loan.
To see what items we have available at Alamo Pawn Shop, visit our store on Transmitter Road, or shop online! We’re always getting new items in and will be happy to help you find what you are looking for at an affordable price.